Global X ETFs Survey: Cannabis in Our Current Climate
In October 2022, Global X Research surveyed 297 individuals in the United States regarding their status on, preferences for, and perceived changes of the cannabis industry as well as its external implications. The purpose of the survey was to see where Americans stand on Cannabis legalization, given various considerations. Topics ranged from population dependence on medical cannabis to support of pardoning non-violent cannabis-related convictions.
- Of the 297 individuals surveyed, over two-thirds support the legalization of cannabis at the federal/national level.
- Over 70% of respondents are in favor of legalization, with 33% of those surveyed being more in favor within the last 5 years.
- Nearly 50% of those surveyed consume cannabis but only 11% have increased consumption because of legalization.
- A third of respondents believe 15-20% of the population rely on medical cannabis for healthcare services in states where it is legalized.
- More than 50% of those surveyed find no correlation between cannabis legalization and heightened crime rates.
- About 60% of survey respondents support the pardoning of non-violent cannabis-related convictions.
- When it comes to the effect on legalization support given the pardoning of cannabis-related non-violent convictions, respondents are split.
- Cannabis investability increases for over 40% of survey respondents if legalization takes place.
- Respondents waver on whether a political candidate’s stance on legalization affects their decision to vote for them.
- For those who purchase cannabis, main concerns are the source and safety of the cannabis above all else.
Click here to download the Global X ETFs Survey on Cannabis in Our Current Climate.