GURU November 2019 Rebalance Report
On November 25th, the Global X GURU Index ETF (GURU) underwent its quarterly rebalance. The November 2019 GURU Report can be found here.
Notable observations from this rebalance period include the following:
- GURU’s index, the Solactive Guru Index, has outperformed the S&P 500, GURU’s broad-market benchmark, by 3.02% (302 bps) year to date through November 25th. GURU has been supported by strong selection of Healthcare and Communication Services companies.
- GURU saw two net additions in Industrials, and one in Communication Services, Information Technology, Materials, and Consumer Discretionary. On the other hand, GURU saw four net deletions in Health Care, reducing its overweight to 1.5% relative to the S&P 500.
- GURU also saw one deletion in Energy and Utilities while no changes were made on Consumer Staples and Real Estate.
- GURU is now 6.8% overweight Communication Services, 6.0% Materials and 2.7% Industrials relative to its benchmark. GURU is also overweight Health Care, Consumer Staples, Consumer Discretionary, and Utilities.
- GURU is underweight Information Technology by 12.5%, Financials by 4.5%, and Real Estate by 1.3% relative to its benchmark. The Energy sector is also underweighted in GURU.