Global X ETFs Survey: America’s Financial Focus in 2023
In December 2022, Global X Research surveyed 312 individuals in the United States regarding their financial sentiments and goals going into 2023. We also gained insight into their macroeconomic expectations for the new year. Topics ranged from individual impacts and sacrifices as a result of inflation, to 2023 income stream prospects.
- Nearly 75% of surveyed individuals feel that inflation pushed them off track financially throughout 2022.
- Over 50% of respondents turned to cost-effective grocery shopping and tightened holiday season spending, while nearly 50% avoided purchasing household items/vehicles and cut back on travel.
- The primary financial goal among the 312 people surveyed is increasing income, followed by paying off loans or debt.
- For 70% of those surveyed, their top financial goal is attainable within the next five years.
- About 50% of respondents feel economic challenges will worsen within the next three months, nearly 30% believe they will remain the same.
- 80% of respondents foresee their income stream staying the same or only slightly improving over 2023. Almost 10% believe it will decrease.
- Over 50% of surveyed individuals intend to include financial goals in their New Year’s resolutions, while about 20% remain unsure.
- Of the respondents who voted yes or unsure to following financial New Year’s resolutions, nearly 55% are considering some kind of budgeting tool or advisor to help maintain their resolution.
Click here to download the Global X ETFs Survey on America’s Financial Focus in 2023.