Global X ETFs Survey: Future of Work
In September 2022, Global X Research surveyed 307 individuals in the United States regarding their status on, preferences for, and perceived changes from the remote work economy as well as the future of work. The purpose of the survey was to see how Americans are adjusting to the new normal for work post-pandemic. Topics ranged from importance placed on workplace flexibility to long-term cloud infrastructure updates as a result of remote work.
- Survey respondents enjoy workplace flexibility—with slightly over 50% preferring at least three days at home while slightly less than 50% prefer at least three days in-person.
- Over a third of survey respondents view their job as able to be done 80% or more remotely.
- Nearly 80% of those surveyed value remote work flexibility when considering a job.
- When considering a new job, flexible working arrangements are ranked as the most important concern following wages and benefits.
- Over 70% of respondents say their job is either already back in the office most days or will never be again.
- Around 40% of respondents felt work-from-home made collaboration difficult and produced a weak office culture.
- 76% of those surveyed noted using cloud services at least sometimes and valued increased accessibility as well as no geographical limitations.
- Nearly half of respondents devoted more time to health and fitness while working from home.