GURU August 2019 Rebalance Report
On August 23rd, the Global X GURU Index ETF (GURU) underwent its quarterly rebalance. The August 2019 GURU Report can be found here.
Notable observations from this rebalance period include the following:
- GURU’s index, the Solactive Guru Index, has outperformed the S&P 500, GURU’s broad-market benchmark, by 2.89% (289 bps) year to date through August 23rd. Healthcare sector has contributed the most to the outperformance while Information Technology has been the largest detractor.
- GURU saw four net additions in Healthcare, becoming the biggest sector exposure for GURU. On the other hand, GURU saw five net deletions in Information Technology, making it GURU’s most underweight sector relative to the S&P 500.
- GURU also saw four net additions in the Communication Services sector, and one net addition in Utilities, Energy, and Industrials. Consumer Discretionary and Materials saw two net deletions, while Financial and Staples saw one net deletion. Real Estate had no changes.
- GURU is now 8.4% overweight Health Care, 5.1% Communication Services, and 4.2% Materials relative to its benchmark. GURU is also overweight Utilities, Consumer Staples, and Energy.
- GURU is underweight Information Technology by 13.4%, Financials by 4.1%, and Real Estate by 1.6% relative to its benchmark. Consumer Discretionary and Industrials sectors are also underweighted in GURU.